HPCAS team / Équipe IAHP
High Performance Computing as a goal for computation speed or energy efficiency is a hot topic and we are working on it! Now we have parallel systems with manycores in embedded systems up to classical computers and high end computing infrastructures.
Our projects are related to adding security to high performance computing and improving software and hardware performance through the use of advanced compilation techniques based on the PIPS compiler framework.
Most of these techniques are moving to th HPC Project company now.
We also tackle the electronic document domain as a target for some compilation applications.
- FREIA (FRamework for Embedded Image Applications) is a project founded by the ANR (the French National Science Foundation) AF (Future Architectures) to develop a software environment to speed up the deployment of image applications on modern architectures
- TransMedi@ is a project funded by the French research cluster « Images & Networks » to design and build a high-performance multimedia transcoding and processing platform inside core-networks and border gateways
- CryptoPage to build a high performance processor with secure processes support without any secure operating system
Some older projects or funny products
- SAFESCALE (Security And Fault-tolerance to Exploit Safety ambient Computing in lArge scaLe Environments) : how to combine a parallel execution model, a parallelizing compiler, some secure nodes and some stochastic verification techniques to build secure distributed computing infrastructures
- CoMap (Co-Design of Massively Parallel Embedded Processor Architectures) and PHRASE (Parallel Heterogeneous Reconfigurable Achitectures and SystEms) : using advanced compilation techniques to ease the design and the programmation of high performance SoC
- SAC (SIMD Architecture Compiler) A PIPS based compiler for SIMD/multimedia instruction sets
- PCfEngine (Python Configuration Engine) an object oriented framework for automatic system administration
- GABI (Générateur Automatique de Belles interfaces) is a compiler that generate a graphical interface for a program simply by analyzing its (f)lex/acc(bison) grammar. By abstracting the underlying metamodel, it avoids spending time developing a GUI for a software
- BibTeX++ a successor to the old bibliographical tool for LaTeX that uses compilation of the BST stack based language to Java code, software optimization and stack removal
- ReActiVE (Réseau Actif de diffusion de Vidéo et multimédia de l'ENST Bretagne) A mixed GRID, P2P and active network application and architecture for multimedia content distribution.
- The PIPS compiler team at the Computer Science research center of Mines ParisTech (ENSMP/CRI).
- HPC Project is a spin-off of the team to promote HPC in the wild: manycores programming, compute-intensive accelerators, parallel-programming tools and formations...
- Alcatel-Lucent, Envivio, IRISA/ENSSAT, Supelec/IETR for the project TransMedi@
- Holotetrix for the parallelization of their applications
- QuietOceans for the optimization and the development of their applications
- TÉLÉCOM ParisTech ComÉlec, ENS/DI, Paris XIII, IMAG and IRISA for CryptoPage
- UBO/Lab-STICC/AS, ENSSAT, Universität Erlangen, Universität Dresden
- Mines ParisTech/GeoSciences/HR for GABI
Internships & jobs
Have a look to the jobs page.
Some internships are available for master thesis (or even PhD if the grants are here...).
Other internships are available on http://info.enstb.org/enseignement/mri/stages
And just for fun, how does it taste ? :-)
- Ronan Keryell (team leader)
- Mehdi Amini (PhD student with MINES ParisTech and HPC Project)
- Stéphanie Even
- Serge Guelton (PhD student with MINES ParisTech)
Dearly departed members
- Cyrile Brûlebois
- Emmanuel Donin de Rosière
- Guillaume Duc
- Claude Duvallet
- Fadi Najem Eldine
- François Ferrand
- Mathieu Godet
- Sylvain Guérin
- Christophe Guychard
- The Nhan Luong
- Camille Mazoyer
- Loïc Plassart
- Romeo Said
- Bernt Weber